Saturday, March 5, 2011

Living in Limbo

We have been praying for direction on what we should do next but we still do not have an answer.  It has left us feeling like we are in a state of limbo.  Do we move to adoption, pursue the second opinion, etc.  We recently learned of a traditional adoption opportunity and while we prayed about it, it just didn't feel that we were being led to pursue it any further.  How is it that we are pretty much offered a child and yet we're still being told 'no.'  Maybe if we had the results of Hammer's DNA frag test it could help us make a decision about pursuing another fertility treatment but even that will be delayed.  Hammer recently got a new position in his company that requires him to travel from now until July.  This makes scheduling the DNA frag a nightmare because his travel schedule is only partially set and he could be scheduled for a trip at a moments notice and 10 days of prep would be wasted.  On top of that we are trying to at least 'try' naturally which takes prep time as well and we can't do the test during that time. 

I do have a question for anyone reading who had a D&C, ever since the procedure AF only seems to last for 2 days instead of my typical 3-4 days.  I'm worried the procedure could have messed up my lining as I have read about that being a complication.  This makes me worried that I won't have a decent lining during natural cycles even IF everything works.  Is this just a temporary problem?  I really don't want to talk to my RE about it as we're pretty much done with him.  Just going back for our last meeting was beyond traumatizing so I really don't want to have to go back there again.

As far as trying naturally, I am starting my third cycle using the Ovacue.  It's an ovulation predictor that reads the estrogen and progesterone changes in saliva and cervial mucus.  The benefit with this predictor is that it predicts 5-7 days in advance so it should, in theory, give Hammer and I several days warning to prep before I ovulated.  The first month we tried right after the miscarriage was a bust because I deleted all of my readings a week and a half into the month so it could never confirm if I ovulated.  This past month it did show that I ovulated but Hammer ended up sick and prep time was not possible.  It will be interesting to see what happens this month with trying to time things.