Monday, March 2, 2009

A Weekend of Me

I know it sounds selfish but I really needed a weekend to take care of myself. After my week of being knocked around at work and out of sorts from my travel I realized one thing: Very few people were looking out for my well being. So I needed to make sure that I was being taken care of. So that meant going to bed early on Friday so I could get some good rest. Then on Saturday I set up a session at Dream Dinners. If you've never heard of it, you go there and package meals that can be frozen and then later pulled out and defrosted for dinner. It's so great to have when things are really really busy.

After that I got my hair cut and colored. It looks so cute! And then it was off to dinner with our friends. Sunday was relaxing. We went to church, hung out with friends afterwards and then just did laundry and watched a movie before heading to bed. I hope everyone had a relaxing weekend too!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'm glad you had a good, relaxing weekend. it's important to take time for ourselves!!

Allison said...

It may sound selfish, but that's because it is. It's GOOD for you to be selfish sometimes and to take care of yourself. You need it. Good for you for taking that time to relax and take time for you!

Hoping for our own Peanut said...

im glad you had an enjoyable weekend! i, too, loved getting my hair done. im going for a haircut tomorrow. :)

Shannon said...

Sounds like a great weekend. Im glad you did things for you, you deserve it!

I've always wanted to try one of those dinner places, Im glad you checked it out!

Anonymous said...

Glad you had such a nice & restful weekend!! :)