Friday, August 5, 2011

Fert Report

The retrieval went very well. We stayed overnight at my family's home to ensure that we would make our 7:15 am appointment time without a hitch. They took me back right away and I changed into my gown. It was such a different experience from our old clinic. Rather than doing the procedure in the same general exam room they had a full scale procedure room with high tech ventilation. I had my IV placed and then waited about 5 minutes before they took me back for the retrieval. Once I got my feel good drugs the only thing I remember is waking up in the recovery room and being told they got 11 eggs. Say what? Yes, 11 eggs. I've never had double digits before. But we knew that we really only had about 5 that were around the mature size so I didn't get my heart set. Our RE was actually happily surprised with the outcome as well.

Once I was feeling better we made the drive back home where I could sleep off the drugs and awaited our fert report for the next morning. I woke up some where around 1 am last night to use the restroom and felt compelled to pray for our embryos. Apparently our prayers were heard because we learned this morning that 7 fertilized normally. We are happy to hear and continue to pray that this is a good sign. We are set for our transfer on Sunday and will continue to be praying for our little embies.

8 comments:

BB said...

Sent a chill through my spine - to see such a good report - after all that you have been through! You truly deserve for this to work for you! {HUGS}

Amy said...

Wow 7! That is great. I guess there were more than 5 mature ones! I hope they continue to grow well. Good luck with the transfer!

KZ said...

This is great news! I was praying for you too!

Miss Megan said...

YAY! 7 is eggcellent!! Grow ebmabies grow!! Wishing you tons of good luck hun!

Allison said...

Saying prayers for your embryos and for you the both of you!

Kelly said...

What great news!!! Grow little babies grow!

Andrea said...

Loads of prayers coming your way! Grow little lucky 7 grow! BIG HUGS

Melody said...

Wow, what an awesome report. This is awesome. Praying with you guys.