Saturday, August 29, 2009

Found; Now onto the Next Hurdle

Alright, AF finally showed up with a vengeance today. She must have been upset about my hassling her on her lateness. Oh well. In the end I was really praying she would stay away until Sunday. I now have to do my day 3 FSH on Monday but I won't be in town on Monday. Instead I will be 3 hours away in another city hosting a mini conference. I googled locations for the lab that will take my insurance in the city I will be at. They have a lab that is about 15 minutes away from my 'work location.' This lab opens at 7:30 am which is when I'm supposed to arrive at the conference location but then it closes at 4pm which is 30minutes before my conference day ends. I'm not sure how I'm going to make this work. Maybe I will just show up late and blame it on not knowing the area. What to do, what to do...

Now I know that I can technically wait until day 4 (Tuesday) to do the blood draw but I'd rather not drag this out any longer than needed. (Plus I have an accupunture appt that day and can't make it to the lab in my town anyway.) I think when I drive up on Sunday I'll make it a point to test drive to my two destinations so that I A) won't get lost and B) will know the area when I'm gunning it across town to the conference location.

7 comments:

Hillary said...

Whew, she took forever to arrive! Glad she made it. I think you should just show up late for the conference...you won't be terrible late, right?!? Good luck!

Meant to be a mom said...

Thank goodness she came.
I don't blame you for wanting to test your route, Sounds like you will be in quite a hurry. I would do the same. That way you get there as quickly as possible. Nice thinking.
You can do it!

Sally said...

WELCOME AUNT FLO!!! I agree - show up late..what's the worst that can happen? Gotta do whatever it takes.. sending you lots of support & encouragement!!! :)

~J~ said...

Wow - do things ever go easy - why oh why can't our bodies follow the clock exactly how we want?!?! I am glad things are getting started - hope you made it to the lab on time! Here's hoping everything will start off okay!!!!

Hoping for our own Peanut said...

ooh sounds like you were in a pickle. i hope all worked out and youre moving along with this ivf cycle!

Shannon said...

Well hello AF! Glad she showed up so that you can get this cycle moving, Im praying like crazy for you.

I hope everything works out with being out of town and going to the lab, I know its stressful but I have faith it will all work out.

Anonymous said...

so glad she FINALLY came!
I am with you, show up "fashionably late" :)