Monday, August 17, 2009

Weekend Update

Lots to update on today!
Wednesday I got a note from jvwaiting that she had some additional Bravelle and after a few emails we’ve arranged for her to send me her extras. That means that ALL of our Bravelle is now taken care of for this cycle. Now we only have to pay for the HCG and the added LH med (which I don’t know the name of yet). Our cost for meds would have doubled this cycle but God has provided!!! I can only just shake my head in amazement at how God continues to provide for us. This weekend I was talking with an IRL buddy who has PCOS/infertility about how God has just given us a huge green light for this cycle and that taking care of our increased meds cost is just one of the many blessings. Thank you jvwaiting, you are now one of my Bravelle angels!

***

Friday I got my progesterone results back to see if I ovulated. They were 1.3, yeah, not ovulating. But that’s OK because it meant I got a prescription to get my period on time. If we hadn’t spoken up at our appointment then we would have been waiting around for a while before AF would have shown up. And just to be able to say it, “I was right.” I knew I wasn’t going to ovulate this cycle, I was too suppressed by the Lupron and had those crazy hot flashes (which are now gone, thank God!) So I’m popping my pills knowing that they will guarantee a timely start to our next cycle.

***

Later that day on Friday – well to preface this is a sad story – Hammer took me out for dinner and movie. This is a splurge that we rarely have allowed our selves to have these past two years because we have had to save so much for all these treatments. We were eating outside on the restaurant’s patio. A couple sat down at the table across from us and the woman was very visibly pregnant. Honestly ladies, I was totally cool with seeing her. I just tell myself I don’t know her story and if they’ve struggled to get prego etc. But I was not prepared for her to order a BEER. She looked 24-28 weeks along. They were talking about plans for the baby while she drank her BEER. It was then that it got to me, I just wanted to cry. I know that in some countries women are told that some wine or beer is ok. But when you’ve waited so long for your own miracle and have to sit and watch someone potentially put their unborn baby at risk, it was just too much for me. I was so glad we were paying the bill when that happened, I would have had to change seats or just leave.

***

Today I got the call just minutes ago from our clinic’s finance department. And guess what? Another miracle!!! Apparently my insurance was not supposed to cover ANY of our IVF treatment. But they are covering our u/s!!!! That’s over a $1,000 savings!!!! I could NOT believe it. I could just cry, right now, at work, on my lunch break, in my cube. That meant that I had a CREDIT at our clinic, a CREDIT. I got to plunk down $2,000 less than we expected. God has just left me speechless. There are no words left that fully encompass how good He is.

13 comments:

JB said...

I would have raged on beer lady. Or just fled the restaurant. Yikes.

Congrats on all the free meds and covered procedures! Yay for the little things that help us along!

Meant to be a mom said...

Ok first of all God bless all the sweet women and friends you have that are donating the meds to you. That is just so sweet of them.

Second, I'm truly disgusted by the beer drinking prego lady. That is not ok, I don't care what country your from. That is not giving your child the best chance for a healthy life, That poor child can't control what the selfish mother puts into them. That's terrible and I don't blame you for being so upset. It makes me sick.

Last Congrats on the insurance paying the us. Thats wondeful.
I'm so happy for you guys.

Cady said...

That so awesome about the u/s coverage and the meds! I would have been irate if I had seen that woman drinking beer. That just makes me sick.

Brittney said...

Wow. God is SO GOOD!!! I'm so ridiculously excited for you.

I understand your feeling about the woman in the restaurant - I would have felt the exact same way.

I think our experiences put us in a unique, blessed position. We will treasure our babies and take amazing care of them because of all that we went through, won't we? They will be truly cherished.

Praying for you.

Once Upon A Time said...

Your attitude is inspiring. I hope those things are both signs of a excellent IVF cycle to come!

Hillary said...

Praise God! That is all such a wonderful blessing!

PS- Did you see my comment that you won the book giveaway? Email me and let me know if you want it :) makingmemom@gmail.com

makingmemom.blogspot.com

Shannon said...

The beer story makes me sick/sad/mad.

I feel that God is working so many ways in your story and although there have definetly been some setbacks, I feel like he is setting everything in motion for your happy ending. I am so happy to be here as you move into your next cycle, I cant wait for your BFP!

Astrid said...

Congratulations, that is awesome news. So excited for the upcoming cycle!!

Tabitha said...

Isn't it amazing how he works? I've notices a lot of little costs that are starting to add up that He's protected us from in the oddest ways...it's miraculous!

Hoping for our own Peanut said...

YAY for both bravelle angels and saving money at the clinic..that little stuff adds up quick!

BOO to that pregnant woman. i would have had a hard time not saying anything. i dont understand some women..how could you be so irresponsible and selfish?

Im ready to cheer you on for IVF #2!

Anonymous said...

hey thanks for stopping by my blog and thanks for the advice. I already had to decide about the tests. SInce I have yet to ovulate on clomid...I am going to get a progestrone test after this time to see if I even ovulate before forking out the money for the blood tests during my cycle. I hope that it is a good plan. All I can do is trust the Lord, right? :)

I also totally understand about the beer lady. People who don't know how lucky they are to be preggo are so frustrating.

Sally said...

Thanks a million for your continued sweet comments on my blog - you are so nice & I find your attitude very inspiring. So glad we're cyber-friends! :) I wish all the best for you & DH!

Anonymous said...

Hi. I am a first time visitor. That's awesome about the CREDIT. What a great surprise. Good luck on cycle 2.