Saturday, November 15, 2008

Officially Basted

Well we're back from our IUI and things went pretty great. The hub is a 'rock star' today because he had the best SA results of all three IUIs with clomid/hcg (I don't know the numbers from our first one because that was with our Ob/Gyn and they didn't do reports). So our IUI hx numbers are:

IUI #1 - SA unknown
IUI #2 - 17 mil
IUI #3 - 13 mil
IUI #4 - 26.3 mil

When I was reading the report I kept looking for the lower numbers we were used to so while I saw the 26.3 mil I didn't think that could be right, oh me of little faith. I had to ask the RE if I was reading it right. So we were pretty darn happy this go around. As Hoping for our own Peanut said if we can "tell them to go right" we actually may have a chance this time.

Our 13 mil numbers were on a day when there was a blizzard. We drop off our sample verses doing the on-site deposit (personal preference). So there I was, trying to make my way to the RE's office without going off the road due to all the ice. Then the lab guy was late getting into work too so we had to wait longer to give them the sample than we would have liked. I can't be too upset at lab guy though, it was really bad out and as important as this is to me I'm sure he valued his life even more. But we had some bad SA numbers possibly resulting in our failed IUI.

The only part of all this that has been difficult is the following
(TMI warning!!!)

I have a sensitive cervix which means that almost everything they do KILLS. When I had my HSG (Hysterosalpingogram) it was one of the most painful experiences of my life even though I was completely loaded up on pain killers. I'm the 2% of the population that has this issue. I can barely stand the IUIs and even bleed afterwards. This time being no different.

Today I thought I'd warn the RE (not my regular but the weekend on call RE) ahead of time. As I assumed the position I started to warn her about my 'sensitive lady parts' but I didn't even have time to finish my sentence before she had started already. It was more like, "I should warn you that I have a sensi...ouuuuch!" To which she replied, "What was that?" So when I finally caught my breath to repeat myself her response was, "Oh yes I can see that, you know most women don't even feel a thing." Uh, yeah, I'm aware of that, thanks. I wish I would have had more time to warn her, maybe she would have been a bit more gentile. I actually think the male doc's do a better job, go figure.

So now I'm resting, blogging and praying that with two really good sized eggs and a fab SA, God would bless us this month. And if not...


"...I will hope continually, And will praise You yet more and more."
Psalm 71: 14

No comments: