Saturday, June 6, 2009

Honest Scrap Award



It's taken me some time to get this award post together but I'm happy to say it's done! Thanks to Astrid from Babymaking 101 for giving me this award. Stop by and give her some love as she and her DH are struggling with the yucky side affects of a type of molar pregnancy.

The Rules:


  • Choose a minimum of 7 blogs that you find brilliant in content or design.

  • Show the 7 winners’ names on your blog and leave a comment informing them that they have been awarded Honest Scrap.

  • List at least 10 honest things about yourself.
10 Honest Things About Me:



  1. I'm completely addicted to NPR pod casts. Hammer started downloading them onto my ipod and it's become icrack to me. I anxiously await the next This American Life, Stuff You Should Know, Stuff You Missed In History Class and any other nerdy educational podcast I can get my downloads on.

  2. We don't have cable t.v. (and no we are not Amish - I guess that should already be obvious since I blog i.e. use electricity) but we just cannot stomach spending a hundred dollars a month on t.v. we're only home a few hours to watch.

  3. I love watching episodes online (since we don't have cable) ABC.com and Fox.com are awesome and allow me to catch up on programs and not have to pay for TiVo, cause I'm cheap, if you haven't figured that out yet yourselves.

  4. My biggest weakness is that I worry people don't like me so I am a total people pleaser. I wish I could not care what people think about me but I've tried and I can't seem to get past that stumbling block.

  5. I'm a total diet coke addict and can't seem to get off the stuff. I really want to stop prior to IVF but caffeine free just is not the same taste. Is there a self help book out there for this or a rehab center nearby?

  6. I love gardening and I love my garden! I get excited every spring because that means I can go out and get down into the dirt and grow things. It's just the thrill of planting a seed and seeing the outcome of that effort. I really want to have an edible garden where it's a mixture of flowers, bushes, fruits and veggies that are not only yummy but also ornamental. This year we expanded our vegetable garden (tomatoes, zucchini) to include green peppers. And if that works, next year I want to grow lettuce and eggplant. I plan on expanding our landscaping this year as well. Oh and we got a blueberry bush, can't wait!

  7. I would love to go back to school to become a pediatric nurse practitioner and I think being a registered dietitian would be a great combination with an NP degree. This was put on hold with the whole infertile thing. I'm not saying I wouldn't go back but I just want to make a decision once I know what my family will be looking like in the future. I realize that I would always regret not having a family but would only semi regret not going back to school.

  8. I'm scared to get my hopes up too much about this IVF and I am amazed by people who can buy baby cloths and books (you are so much stronger than I am!!) I'm just terrified of having to run across those things in my home if it were not to work out. I bought a book called, "The Pregnancy Journal," where you learn about how your baby is growing and can write in how you are feeling and what was going on in your life and heart at that stage in your pregnancy. It's now hidden in a drawer in our bedroom and it's incredibly painful to forget it's in there and open the drawer. If I can't look at a book how could I look at baby cloths.

  9. I knew that we would have trouble TTC months before we even began to TTC. After six months of trying and no baby I really wanted to start getting tested, especially since Hammer has a history of MFI in his family. But he refused and said that it was all in my head. I've always struggled a little bit with that part of our journey. I think that if the devil could use anything as a stumbling block in our journey and marriage that would be it. So I pray against it all the time. We are in this together and nothing we can do will delay us from God's plan. In order for this to work we both had to be ready for each step at the same time before we could move forward.

  10. I really do not struggle day to day when I hear the word, "pregnant," and I think that is because I work for WIC and it has become just another word to me. Pregnant, expecting, breastfeeding, babies, etc. are said everyday in my world multiple times. What I really struggle with is when friends of mine get pregnant and then give me sad faces. Stop with the faces people! I'm not going to freak out on you or run into a corner and cry. Actually if you give me a sad face, THEN I'd probably cry. Just smile and enjoy it because you should and don't pity me. I'm going to be ok and one way or another God is going to make me a mother. I may cry some days and not on others but in the end it will be amazing what God's plan for our lives will reveal and what it will bring out in the two of us.

And now, in no particular order, the honest scrap award goes to....


Anyone who comments on my blog!!!


I don't want to leave anyone out and I want everyone to feel loved because you all deserve it. So if you've read my blog and have left a comment at any point consider yourself tagged.


The only catch is that you have to leave a comment to let me know you are participating in some Honest Scrap!!

1 comment:

Rene said...

loved this post, feel I know you a little better :) Thanks for your encouragement- I'm so glad we found each others' blog. Can't wait to hear more a/b the IVF cycle!