Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Hey, what's going on in there?

I'm getting antsy and nervous to find out what is going on with lefty and righty. So far I have messed up two of my shots and discovered that I shouldn't be preloading my syringes (oops). Fortunately I only preloaded twice and always with my smaller dose of one vial. So at least it's not the majority of my meds, but still. I'm hoping that I didn't screw this up but I know that if I'm not appearing to respond on Thursday they can up my dose. I just don't want to find out that I might have blown this cycle because I'm a total klutz at mixing my meds and following directions. My abdomen is getting a bit tender which is sort of a good sign that things are brewing but there is just no way to know what's going on yet. I still have four more doses to go before my u/s and I hope that if I'm behind I will start to catch up quickly. I'm crossing all my fingers and toes and fervently praying for good signs this Thursday.

I also had another cool thing happen today. I was originally scheduled to go to an out of town training on the 14th of July for work. I wasn't sure if I would be able to with my IVF cycle but the only thing I could do was wait until I knew our retrieval/transfer dates and go from there. Oh and of course pray that God would make things work out. Today I found out that my training day is being rescheduled for a later date!

I'll update on my u/s on Thursday - only six days to go until my estimated egg retrival day!!!!!!

Current Meds: Lupron 5 units, Bravelle 1 vial AM + 2 vials PM
Side Effects: burning and redness at injection site (Lupron only), moderate agitation, hot flashes, FATIGUE, headache
Days Post Transfer: 0
# Eggs Transferred: 0
# Eggs Frozen: 0

3 comments:

the Babychaser: said...

You sound like you're handling all this really well. I have a tendency to panic whenever I make the slightest mistake (and there are so many that can be made!). And the answer from the docs is always "no biggie."

Good luck on this cycle.

Hoping for our own Peanut said...

i wouldnt worry about messing up two shots, like you said, you have time to catch up.

and 6 days? that is so soon! cant wait to follow the rest of your story..:)

Hillary said...

Ohh, I can't wait to hear what's happening with your ovaries, too! You're doing great :)