Wednesday, June 17, 2009

While We're Waiting...

Ok so I can't believe my ticker says 2 weeks and 5 days till egg retrieval!! So exciting. I have a mini ticker on the side to keep my spirits up about my lupron shots and count down those days till I start stims. This will be a long two weeks. The big IVF event for this week is that AF is scheduled to arrive - sort of. It just depends if she shows but if not IVF proceeds as planned.

I have my "good book" in tow which I started on our weekend getaway. And I checked out a couple of books on knitting to get my 'craft on.' I'm hoping my IRL friends who knit can point me in the right direction of a good project. I did check out a book on knitting baby cloths and I figured if things didn't work out I can return it, no worries.

As far as lupron side effects go: I'm cranky pants every day around 2pm which is a pattern I've been picking up on. This made for some interesting road rage when it was my turn to drive this past weekend. This is how we discovered the pattern and Hammer took over driving (thank God those MI drivers are crazy going 15+ over the speed limit of 70 mi/hr! [no offense])

I'm also incredibly tired, not a bad side effect out of all the ones I could possible get. And I still have my saltine crackers at hand every morning. Other than that I'm good. My headache today seems to be more related to fatigue and weather changes but we'll see.

Current Meds: Lupron 10 units
Side Effects: intermittent nausea, burning and redness at injection site, sore bbs, moderate agitation, fatigue
Days Post Transfer: 0
# Eggs Transferred: 0
# Eggs Frozen: 0

1 comment:

Meant to be a mom said...

Your so close!!! Can you even believe its almost here?
I'm glad to see that your doing good, bummer about all the symptoms but I want you to know I felt allot of those symptoms too. So your normal there. Especially the hormonal crabby pants one. Thats still me now!
Prayers!