Wednesday, October 7, 2009

A Belly Full of Average

I had my first follie check this morning. Honestly I was really worried about a repeat from last time. I wasn’t really feeling too much going on and was concerned after my suppression check that Lefty had just up and died on me already. I asked Hammer to come with me in case it was bad news, which he was very willing to do (and I made him be my note taker.) I was almost late for my u/s because the lab was so far behind and I even showed up 10 minutes early and they give you 15 minutes ‘flex’ time in between lab and u/s. I had my insurance card out and ready before I was even called back. And when she turned around to give me my card back I had my right arm all ready for her to stick me – she was not going to make me late! I must have made her flustered because she missed my vein and had to adjust it while the needle was still in my arm, OUCH! But I didn’t have time to pass out so I kept my head together and focused my mind off of the pain.

Hammer was waiting at the RE’s office for me when I got there. Ironically, the RE’s office was 15 minutes behind probably because of the lab. Oh well. My RE was actually the one to do the follie check this time. Before we got started we did a little chant of, “Let’s be average!” Cheesy, I know but in some ways it’s kinda fun. And yes, our RE did the chant with us. He started out on the right ovary where I had several little follicles starting to grow…in fact I had five (one more than last time).

12mm, 10mm x2, 9m, and 8mm

They were bigger than last time as well. Then he swiveled over to Lefty. I saw two big follicles and my heart fell a little, it was the same as last time…but wait, what was that? Did I see another two follicles? Sure enough Lefty had FOUR.

12mm, 11.5mm, 9mm, and 8mm

That makes 9 follicles (three more than last time) that will hopefully continue to grow and mature in the next few days. My lining was at 7mm and my E2 was 195 so I got the glorious designation of average by my RE. Instead of going for another 5 days on the stims (like I did last time) before a second u/s check I get to wait only 2 days. Wow, I almost feel normal.

I did ask for another TSH test but since I’m moving along faster than anticipated, for me, it won’t really be beneficial yet so they are going to have me go on another day. My concern with that is TSH increases with rising estrogen, which is going to skyrocket as my follicles keep growing. And I want to make sure that we do absolutely everything we can this time as it may be our final IVF cycle. (I know we’ve only done two but it’s pricey and the next time I plop down a chunk of change I want a guaranteed baby i.e. adoption)

I might have trouble updating or keeping up with blogs because Hammer accidentally cut our internet cable last Sunday while working out in the yard. In his defense they only buried the cable 2 inches underground and in a flower bed. So don’t feel ignored!

12 comments:

~J~ said...

I love average - average is AMAZING! So exciting to hear that things are moving along, and that your left ovary has decided to participate. I really hope that they do check out your TSH - the last thing you want is that hanging over your head that maybe, just maybe it could affect things. Praying that everything keeps going well. And hopefully you get your internet fixed so we can all be kept up to speed!!!!

Mandy said...

Glad to see that everything is moving right along as it should be. I've missed hearing from you. I wish you the absolute best in this cycle and can't wait to hear what God does!

Meant to be a mom said...

Average is great. Even if its a little below average great things can still come of that. Sounds like things are going good. I'm glad your getting checked again in two days. They need to stay on this like butter on bread. Its important dangit!
I hope the internet cable gets fixed. Why the heck would they burry the cable so close. Thats just crazy.

Lindsey Is Waiting said...

Praying that everything continues to be average, or above average!

Hoping for our own Peanut said...

im so glad youre responding "normally!" i hope the next check gives you continued results youre looking for!

kdactyl said...

Don't be upset with 9! 9 is GREAT!!!! That is all I had and we got a beautiful son out of it!....I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Hillary said...

GREAT news! Average is an infertile's dream, since none of us are "average." So glad the follicles are growing nicely!

makingmemom.blogspot.com

Brittney said...

Woohoo! That follie quantity and those sizes sound fantastic. Praying for you that this cycle is THE ONE for you!((HUGS))

Astrid said...

That's really good news. I wish I was average! Thinking of you and crossing my fingers!!!

Anonymous said...

Wonderderful! I'll be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers sweetie!!

Shannon said...

This is wonderful news- average is awesome :) Im thinking of you and praying for you!

Tabitha said...

Amazing!!! I'm so happy to hear how well you are responding, God is so good! Anything is possible!! (((HUGS)))