Friday, October 9, 2009

Down one but still on track

Today was my second follie check. I’m slowly but surely moving along. Apparently I went down by one follie. My tiniest one on the right got intimidated and crawled back inside my ovary. Oh well. Eight is still good. Not only is it still better than last time but they are still all around the same size which is completely opposite from IVF#1 where I had two ginormous follies and a 4 tiny ones. My stats at day 7 of stims are:

R: 16.5, 16, 15, 14
L: 15, 14, 12, 10

Lining at 10mm

E2: 759

I am going to go in for one more follie u/s on Saturday and will most likely have my retrieval on Tuesday of next week.

It was absolute drama getting in to my appointment today though. IF I thought Thursday’s long wait for the lab was bad today was MUCH worse. I even went in 10 minutes earlier than my appointment was scheduled for and still had to wait 40 minutes total to get gat back there and get my blood drawn. They were calling patients out of order, taking their sweet ole time with everything. It was like they were in slow motion never mind the fact that their waiting room was at standing room only. I was 20 minutes late for my u/s at my RE’s office next to the lab. This lab is a separate company that my clinic contracts with so they have no control over these issues. What really got me riled up was that the lab lady called two of us back. I had all my stuff ready but the other lady was missing some paper work. The lab tech began to work on getting her paper work and left me sitting there in the blood draw chair while she did this. Now I ordinarily don’t speak up about these things but I also don’t ordinarily have such elevated levels of estrogen coursing through my veins. I ask if she wouldn’t mind just doing me first since I didn’t think I should be made to wait while she got someone else’s paper work in order. I was told that my RE expected a delay and she would get to me when she was ready. Interestingly is that after my u/s the IVF nurse met with me and immediately asked what all had happened at the lab. So I filled her in on all the details which she was shocked about how the RE’s patients were not being treated per their contract to keep the appointments moving. Apparently they don’t expect delays as the lab alluded to earlier.

So this weekend will be filled with follie check #3 (and blood work, yuch), college football, dinner with friends on Sunday, Monday off for a holiday, Monday evening girls night out at a spa, and Tuesday off for retrieval. I’m excited that I get to do dinner and the mini spa day since our retrieval is now Tuesday. I was playing a lot by ear until I had some definitive dates. The spa evening is for breast cancer awareness and a local spa is doing mini manicures for $10 and all proceeds go to breast cancer research. That I get to pamper myself a bit which is fun!


Meant to be a mom said...

Everything sounds good. I'm praying for you!

Anonymous said...

Good luck on Tuesday and enjoy all of your wonderful plans for the weekend!

JB said...

Yay for spa day! Enjoy!

Jocelyn said...

Oh the joys of lab techs! Sorry it is such a source of frustration - hopefully they will have their act together for you tomorrow. Although I wouldn't hold my breath - things always seem to move slower on weekends! Good luck, and have a fun weekend!!!

Mrz. Hannah Myhre said...

I went through 2 canceled IVF's due to not responding enough to the meds..and only having 1 or 2 large follies at the end. And from my Experience..

Your Follies are looking Great!!

My 3rd attempt.. things went great and IT WORKED!!!

Praying that this cycle is it for you!!!

Hillary said...

Looking good~!!

And that is crazy about the lab - I hope they get their act together!

Once Upon A Time said...

Wow- I can't believe what you went through just to give some blood. It sounds like things are going well besides that- hoping for the very best for you!

There's an award for you on my blog. :)