Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Um...Ow!

Today feels like it's dragging. In fact the whole week feels like it's dragging. I'm about to jump out of my skin with anticipation over what is going on in my tummy. Right now, it's pretty sore. That means something right? I feel like my ovaries are 'pulsing' and ready to jump out of my stomach. And the best part is it's only going to get worse. And now it leaves me with questions. Once my ovaries are full of eggs do they shrink back down to normal size or will they be big and saggy from here on out? Kind of like boo.bs after breastfeeding. And then if it works my poor uterus is in for it. Which I'm ok with but maybe I should have forewarned them about this. Seriously, they must be in there going, "hey, what the heck is happening to us?!?!" Ironically, I'd like to know the same thing.

Maybe I should bake them something to make up for it...


Aaaahhh, Cake Wrecks, they always seem to have the best cakes for the right occasion.

Current Meds: Lupron 5 units, Bravelle 1 vial AM + 2 vials PM
Side Effects: burning and redness at injection site (Lupron only), moderate agitation, hot flashes, FATIGUE, headache
Days Post Transfer: 0
# Eggs Transferred: 0
# Eggs Frozen: 0

5 comments:

Mandy said...

I never had to go through this, but what you are describing sounds like what I've heard from others as well. I think the pain, and even bloating, are all really normal side effects from ovarian-stimulating drugs. I'm not sure what happens to your ovaries when the eggs are all gone. I'm sure they go back to normal, just as your uterus does. God made us fairly resiliant! As for the boobs, I'm still waiting to see what will happen to them once the baby is born and I'm done breastfeeding. That's a whole other issue.

I'm still rooting for you!!! Praise God through the pain because it means that things are doing what they are supposed to.

Astrid said...

Wow, I am definitely learning a lot from your blog. Thanks for keeping us updated. Sorry its so painful - great pic though. And I guess the pain is good - reminds you that everything's still there at the very least, and working at best! Good luck!!!

osuraj said...

If you get pregnant from IVF, your ovaries will stay enlarged through most of your first trimester. That's because your placenta doesn't take over the pregnancy until 12 weeks or so (although I hear it gets better in week 8 or 9). If you don't get pregnant, they go back down in about a week or two. Hope that helps!

Shannon said...

Oh my gosh, that cake made me laugh :)

Our bodies are amazing and resilient and although your ovaries are getting quite a work out, Im sure they are ok. Hang in there!

Meant to be a mom said...

My ovaries were huge and the cysts just made it even bigger. They felt the same way and that's good I think. I was bloated and huge feeling and sore like you wouldn't believe. Getting up, rolling over, bending in any way, even turning just hurt. That's good, those are all your potential babies getting nice and ripe in there.

Keep growing!