Monday, July 6, 2009

Prayer Needed

We got bad news this morning at our u/s. I only have two follices that are above 18mm and they need three before they will do a retrieval.

L - 2
20 mm
18 mm

R - 4
14 mm x2
15 mm
13 mm

They may let me stim one more day to see if I can get another one to catch up but the risk is that one or both of the larger one's may 'take off' on it's own. Otherwise they will convert this into an IUI. We're heart broken. After five unsucessful IUI's it's hard to feel hopeful about a sixth. Either way we need much prayer and a miracle.

Update: 1:38 pm

I just got the call from the IVF RNs and they are going to let me go one more day. My E2 was 888pg/mL so they are hoping that a few more doses of Bravelle will get those last few follicles to reach the mature size. I go in tomorrow at 8am for my final blood draw and u/s. I will find out then if we are triggering for an IUI or IVF retrieval. Please pray for those smaller follicles to grow in time and for the two bigger ones to stay put for a bit longer.

4 comments:

Rene said...

I'm sorry- I know this is not the news you wanted to hear. My heart is with you and praying as I type. God has it all worked out- we just can't see the beautiful out come yet...

Once Upon A Time said...

I am so sorry. I totally understand how awful that must feel. I am praying for your follies- my RE said things can take off really quickly when it gets to the right point. Hoping and praying for good news for you!

Hillary said...

Oh no! I just got caught up on your last 2 posts and I'm sorry for all the stress and heartache you've been experiencing. I'm glad they're letting you stim another day and am PRAYING those other follies catch up. ((hugs))

sassy said...

Oh honey I am so, so sorry you are having to go through this. I do pray, and I'll be praying for you. Please keep us posted.
xo