Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Story Time

I'm killing time waiting to see if our embies have made their home so I thought I'd pass the time with some stories. I did promise one way back so it's time to tell up: How Hammer got his nick name.

Hammer is not a name that I came up with for our blog. It's a name that was dubbed upon him back in freshman year of college on move in day. He was busy unpacking a box of items to put in his dorm room. It was a building made up of upper classman and freshman so there was the ever popular hazing of the freshmeat. Hammer was their prime target. One of the upper classman, wearing nothing but a towel, walked up to Hammer while he was on his knees unpacking. "Hey buddy, got a hammer?," he asked. Then, from behind, a guy runs up and yanks off the towel from around his waist. Hammer was standing face to um...yeah...Mr. winky. And the guy just says, "So how about that Hammer?" All he could do is yell at the guy to get out of his room. But the name Hammer stuck to this day.

7 comments:

Mandy said...

Wow! The things that college guys do...!

In response to your comments, I can legally take up to 3 months with FMLA (family medical leave), but it's without pay. And since I only have about 20 hours of paid time off accrued, then I don't really feel comfortable taking any more than 3 weeks. Three weeks is already going to stretch us financially, but I can't imagine recovering and adjusting to a new baby in any less time than that. Blah! Thanks for your prayers.

Still praying for you and waiting to see how God continues to write your testimony. How much longer until you find out?

sassy said...

I LOVE IT!!

Mandy said...

I remember those same feelings of hopelessness. I never knew if I had just become jaded to the possibility of being pregnant since I had never been pregnant before (if it hasn't happened yet, why would it happen now?) or if it was my body's way of preparing me for the hurtful truth that was about to come.

And while I identify with the feelings, I don't want you to stay in them. We serve a God of hope and promise. I want to see Him answer your prayers with a miracle in this very cycle. Yet, I do know that it may not turn out that way. I guess, for me, the greatest hope comes in knowing that each day you are still one day closer to your answer and that He IS doing something, orchestrating your whole testimony, even if you can't see it right now. Praying everyday for you.

Shannon said...

Wow, thats quite a funny story!

I didnt respond to your post below about the transfer but know that I have been praying for you and your sweet little embies. I pray that this is God's plan and that he will put an end to this long and sometimes hopeless journey. Praying for you today and always.

Astrid said...

Hey thanks for a great story. I think I speak for most of us when I say - I had NO idea that's where the name came from. Hilarious! Like right out of one of those college comedy movies. College days were the days. Glad to see you're hanging in there during the 2ww. Sending baby hopes and wishes your way.

Rene said...

oh good grief- poor hammer, how gross!

Praying for your embryos- I want them to stick SO BADLY. But I have a great feeling about this cycle for you :)

Hillary said...

lol, that is an awesome story!