Friday, July 10, 2009

We Broke the Yolk!

I'm still in shock but here is the report:

7 eggs retrieved

6 mature!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 fertilized normally

Egg transfer is set for Sunday pending that we still have eggs by then (and I really pray we do!)

This was the part that I was most worried about. With Hammer's family history of super crappy sperm and questionable lab results we had no idea what we would be up against. I am just so thankful that any of them fertilized that I am shaking with happiness. This was the part I was afraid would go wrong (never did I expect that I wouldn't have enough follicles). But it has made me even more thankful for each step forward that we are taking in this process. I don't know how I'm ever going to focus on work now (yes I'm back to work today), or get through the next few days up until transfer.

Grow babies grow!!!!

13 comments:

osuraj said...

Grow grow grow!!!

Mandy said...

Woohoo!!! I pray that at least one of those eggs is the one that God is going to use to bring about your answer to prayer. Just think: your future child may already be starting to form right now! Praying for you guys!

Jill said...

That's great news! Come on babies! Grow!

Angie said...

Praise the LORD!

(Praying for the next steps in your journey!!!)

Astrid said...

Fantastic to hear! This process is such a gauntlet - one thing after another, any one of which can be a show-stopper. Congratulations on getting through your biggest hurdle!!

Hillary said...

Awesome! I praying for your embryos to keep GROWING!

Shannon said...

Check you and your little embies out!!! Grow s,weet embies, GROW!

Rene said...

AWESOME!!!

Allison said...

::Happy dance:: Fantastic news!!! I hope all goes well on Sunday!!

Once Upon A Time said...

That is great news! I always thought getting from fertilization to transfer would be the dangerous part for us, but all stuck around for us. I hope all three of your stick around for you too. Hang in there- I know it is a long wait, but Sunday will be here soon.

Brittney said...

Awesome! Grow, grow, grow! You'll be in my prayers. How very exciting!!:) Have a wonderful weekend.

sassy said...

WONDERFUL. I'm so happy, now GROW little embies! Grow!!

IVF Again! said...

That's AWESOME that 3 eggs fertilized. I will be praying for them. I'm really hopeful for you and your little embryos!!! :)