Thursday, January 8, 2009

Mixed Reviews

OK so the good news is that my left ovary (lefty) is finally participating! AND that is where my one 'good' egg is at, size 18. I have two smaller on the right 15 and 16 which may not ripen in time. The bad news is that my lining is at 7cm which is one cm away from where they cancel the IUI. That means I might not have enough fluff to catch an egg-y if we get lucky this month. So we are to delay the hcg shot till Friday but my RE asked that we ʽhave funʼ tonight anyway (just in case lefty takes off on her own) then the IUI is set for Sunday. I have to go in for blood work on the 19th because of my low lining.

I've had a horrible time trying to get my hcg approved through my prescription insurance. In fact it just got approved today so I've been freaking out that it wouldn't be approved in time. When I called them to see what the hold up was they told me they approved it for three months (that was two months ago!). Now if that's the case why does my pharmacy not realize this and make me jump through hoops every time. I'm thinking "what we have here is a failure to communicate."

Of course I then learned that the lab where I got my blood work before is no longer approved by my insurance company so I have to trek all the way across town to get a lab done today and then again on the 19th.

I’m trying not to feel discouraged and just be happy that I know lefty is not a dud. When I told my husband about it all, he said, "Seems like a victory to me. If lefty was a dud, that is permanent. 7cm is a temporary thing." He's right. I'm thrilled that lefty has joined in on the all the fun and now I'm holding to the knowledge that God is greater than all of those other little things that pop up just to frustrate me and make me doubt His goodness. Either way I am one more month closer to the completion of God's plan; one more month closer to being a mom.

5 comments:

Mandy said...

You've got the right attitude. Just don't let the lining or insurance thing win the tug-o-war over your joy. God is doing something great in you and you are definitely one step closer to seeing the fulfillment of it. Hold on to that with all that you have.

I remember telling my husband that 93% of couples our age get pregnant within a year. I told him that put us into a VERY small group of people. He responded with 100% conviction, "Well, God must be doing something REALLY big in us then!"

I'm so thankful God put a man like that into my life. He kept pointing me back to God every time my focus got off. So praise Him for Godly, optimistic husbands!

osuraj said...

I just came across your blog, and I can relate. We are on our 4th IUI...the whole thing gets pretty frustrating. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

Allison said...

Even if this cycle isn't it for you, I think you've got a great attitude. You're absolutely right, you've learned something here and found that lefty ISN'T a dud, which is great news!!! Sending prayers for you, though, that this is your cycle!

Hoping for our own Peanut said...

good luck tomorrow! and three cheers for lefty cooperating!

Christa @ Quintooples said...

((())) I got pregnant with a 6cm lining once!!!! The baby was sticky, and she's now 4 1/2!!! MANY prayers!!!