Friday, January 16, 2009

Starting Over

So I've been thinking that since this last IUI we finally had normal SA numbers it's kind of like starting over again. As if this was month #1 of the first time we've TTC. Now it certainly does not help erase the years of actually TTC but it does help to put things into perspective. If this month doesn't work it's like not getting a BFP the first time ever trying, not unusual. Does that mean we should stop IF treatments because of one good SA result, no. There is more than just a sperm issue for us. I have endometriosis which affects egg quality and we still don't know if Hammer's sperm can penetrate my eggs. This issue is not unusual with people who have endometriosis. Endometriosis can also affect implantation so IVF would bypass part of that issue.

Basically, we're still on the same track but I think that this journey has brought us to a place where we may have gotten our bodies into the best 'shape' possible for IVF. I had the endometriosis removed and we've figured out how to improve our SA numbers. It's a long journey to get here with a lot of bumps in the road but all of them have had a purpose.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I TOTALLY know what you mean. I've already thought that if DH's SA #'s improve, it will almost be like TTC take 2....Like a new start.